1. Pass the state-approved 90-hour Broker pre-licensing course
Indiana has a wide variety of approved pre-licensing providers to choose from with both in-person options and online.
2. Pass the Indiana Licensing Exam
3. Affiliate with a Managing Broker
When choosing a Managing Broker, make sure the one you wish to associate with is a REALTOR®. Affiliating with a REALTOR® Managing Broker means you are uniting with fellow real estate professionals who uphold the National Assocation of REALTORS® Code of Ethics and also advocate for private property rights.
4. Apply for a Broker License
6. Complete the 30-Hour Post Licensing Course for New Licenses
New Indiana licensees are exempt from CE for the first 2 years from the day their license was issued. During that time, they are required to complete the 30-Hour Post Licensing Course for new licensees. GNIAR offers this class in person a couple of times a year, or new licensees can complete the course online.
7. Begin your Continued Education
Once you have passed your first 2 years and completed your 30-Hour Post you will then begin your 12 hours of CE each year. Brokers are required to complete 12 hours of CE every year from July 1st to June 30th. GNIAR offers CE classes on a regular basis. Make sure you check out our calendar page to see what’s coming up.
- Code of Ethics is a NAR requirement. All Realtors® are required to complete this course once every 3-year cycle. Click here for the training cycles.
- Brokers and Managing Brokers are on a 3-year license renewal cycle.
- The only non-gniar class GNIAR needs proof of is Code of Ethics. Aside from that, members do not need to email CE certificates to GNIAR.